Thursday, October 20, 2011

10. Taken- 4 out of 5 stars

Taken is a solid movie. It follows a man named Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) who's daughter gets kidnapped. Thankfully though Bryan has a "Job" with the government and he go on a search and rescue to find his daughter Kim (Maggie Grace). Honestly I'm not too particularly crazy about Liam's acting, He can do a good job but some scenes it just seems a little off, but that set aside Bryan's character was one of my favorite protagonists I've seen to date. I loved the choreography of the action scenes, to keep the rating at Pg-13 every time Liam shot his gun the screen would flash white so as to limit the amount of gore shown. It really isn't noticeable as most people won't even realize it, but to the trained eye you might pick it up. Nothing really too serious to complain about, but I think I would have liked to have seen more of Maggie and what all she went through with the human trafficking, the movie clocks in around 90 minutes so they definitely would have had the time to include her story in it. However that probably would have taken away from the action aspect and kicked the movie rating up to R. I've heard they a making a sequel, no idea how they could fit it in without being a rehash, but it's definitely one I'm going to be looking forward to.

Favorite Quote:
Bryan: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a ransom, i can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Marko: (after a long pause) Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment