Thursday, October 20, 2011

9. The Ides of March- 4 out of 5 stars

Political movies don't typically interest me, but I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed this movie. The movie follows Steven Meyers (Ryan Gosling) who is a young campaign adviser and his conflicts during a presidential campaign. I felt the acting was very well done, especially by Ryan Gosling who deserves at least a nomination for best male actor. I'm not the most educated in politics and I was afraid I would be getting lost, but the way it was played out wasn't too difficult to follow, however I did get lost a bit during it. I liked the cinematography of some of the scenes. Music was catchy but nothing award winning. Ending seemed a little abrupt but I guess it made sense. Honestly I feel there's a possibility of it getting nominated for best picture, I'm still gonna stick with The Help for getting it, but we still do have a bunch of movies coming soon like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but only time will tell.

Favorite Quote:
Tom Duffy: All the reporters love you. Even the reporters that hate you still love you

1 comment:

  1. Like this review, but you forgot to add Ryan Gosling is hot!

    ReplyDelete