Tuesday, October 11, 2011

6. Ip Man- 5 out of 5 stars

Yes I know the first question you are going to ask, Ip is pronounced as one word not as two letters. The movie Ip Man is loosely based on the life of Ip Man, who was the master of Bruce Lee. I can't really begin to find a good footing on where to start the story but it tells of the struggles between China and Japan during the second Sino-Japanese war during the 1930's. The story was unbelievably good and honestly was the best kung fu movie I've seen to date, as well as my number 5 favorite movie. But to give a warning the movie is spoken in Chinese with English subtitles, for those of you who don't like reading subtitles this probably won't be a good movie for you. I can't exactly give a good rating for acting due to the fact I can't speak Chinese, but judging by their facial emotions I'm going out on a limb and saying it's very good. I loved the choreography of the action scenes as well as the sound effects of the punches. All in all, if you're even the slightest fan of action films you will love this one.

Favorite quote:
-Sorry I couldn't find a good list of quotes for the movie-

3 comments:

  1. to get you to watch this for forever!! The choreography in this is sick. Donny Yen is AMAZING. You should check out his other movies. Ip Man 2 has amazing choreography but the story line is slightly cheesey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, the first part got cut off.
    **FINALLY! Daddy and I have been trying*** to get you to watch this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it over the summer lea... and i already saw ip man 2, the story was pretty cliche but the choreography was still good.

    ReplyDelete