Sunday, November 6, 2011

12. In Time- 1 1/2 out of 5 stars

The Ironic part about this movie is that it was about not wasting time. After watching it, I've lost 2+ hours of my life I'm never going to get back. The movie takes place in the future where time is the new currency. People age until they are 24 with which they then stay that age rest of their life, and then are given one more year to live after that. However with time being the currency, The rich basically get eternal life, while the poor die young. It then follows a man name Will Salas who is very poor, he then meets a rich man who gives him a "great sum of time" and simply tells him not to waste his time. Honestly just writing that summary it sounds good, but I place all the blame for this movie in the Director/Writer Andrew Niccol. The movie really didn't develop past the fact that time is money. I at least expected the movie to make me question whether I was really using my time efficiently, but besides the time puns, it really didn't develop more then a bank heist movie just have money swapped with time. The time puns weren't even so terrible they were funny, like what they were in Spy Kids 4, they were just really annoying and extremely unnecessary. On top of that the whole plot of the movie was very dumb and did not explain a lot of pretty important plot devices thoroughly. If you know me personally you will probably be laughing when I say Chris Nolan could have made it a masterpiece if he directed it. Acting wasn't too too bad but it was very clear that they didn't try. I know of what Justin Timberlake has done for social network and Cillian Murphy for Inception, so I know they are very capable actors. but I just put the blame of the acting in the fact that the actors were tricked into thinking it was gonna be good, and then just didn't try when they realized the movie was garbage. I liked some of the filters they used, but besides that nothing raised my attention visually. The choreography of the chase scenes was pretty dumb, one scene had Will Salas (Timberlake) and Sylvia Weis (Amanda Seyfried) run over spikes in the road in a convertible no less with the canvas down, then do multiple front flips, and then land on it's wheels, all while they weren't wearing seat belts. They both emerge with nothing more then a few scratches. All I can say is, don't waste your TIME with this sad excuse of a movie.

Favorite Quote:
Borel: What would you do if you had all this time?
Will: Well I certainly wouldn't waste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment